My graveyard night shift starts in 4 hours. On opening my work mailbox I found this from the IT contact center frontline shift leader. This will certainly be talked about in the daily internal and external conferences.

Greeting all,

This is to inform you that today February 24, 2006 we receive a call from communication Operation Department at 15:45 Hrs. informing that a terrorism attack targeted South ABQAIQ plant. As a result some injuries and fire were reported in the area also One ALC SWITCH "ABQBF0672-R00-01X" went down.

Trouble Ticket # 2337204 was issued regarding the case.



Best Regard,

AL-Ghamdi, Saeed Saleh Ali

ITC HELP DESK- Shift Leader

Fluor Bldg, Khobar

----------------------------------

And this annoucement was sent out by my group.

IT Contact Center

Outage Notification



CR / TT # : HD0000002337204 Event Type : UNSCHEDULED OUTAGE



Start Date/Time : 2/24/2006 3:57:00 PM City : ABQAIQ

End Date/Time : Building:

Event Description : Alcatel Switch (ABQBF0672-R00-01X) at Abqaiq is down.

Status: The root cause of the problem is under investigation.

Events Management Group

-----------------------------------

I have utter confidence in the professionalism of the anti terrorism security forces. More terrorists plots have been proactively stopped than people would give these forces credit for.

I find it ironic that whatever sympathy people had for terrorists in this region in the past is long gone. After bombing weddings in Jordan and bombing resorts in Egypt and just plain out mayhem and a terrorist agenda that people dont agree with. Last but not least was bombing Al-Askareyya Shrine.

Another irony is that someone needs to teach terrorists Economics 101. By targeting vital oil facilities, they think that they will harm the country oil revenues, on the contrary, such attacks only increases oil prices by the irrefutable law of supply and demand.