Today there are reports that 11 foreign tourists were killed in Pakistan by the local chapter of the Taliban. The Taliban claimed direct responsibility, and released a press statement indicating that the attacks were revenge for the killing of a Taliban leader, Wali-ur-Rahman, in a drone strike last month.

A Taliban spokesman gave a statement to the Associated Press indicating that “By killing foreigners, we wanted to give a message to the world to play their role in bringing an end to the drone attacks.”

The tourists were Ukrainians, Chinese, and Russians. Countries that have provided no troops, material assistance, or munitions to aid the US effort in Afghanistan, and have been incredibly critical of US efforts in the region in general.

These dumb animals are lashing out blindly because they don't like how effective US drone strikes are at killing the people in charge, and they're not capable of doing anything meaningful from a military perspective. Even as an insurgency with a wealth of supplies, covert governmental support, significant public and private support from the local population, and almost complete freedom of movement throughout the theater, they fail horribly at anything more than counterproductive and impotent violence against only marginally related targets. Take note of the last few "offensives" within enemy (US/coalition) held areas: A couple of police checkpoints and some civilian and diplomatic facilities in Kabul.

I personally have heard complaints from Taliban fighters that the drone strikes aren't fair.

Not fair, says the people who have absolutely no compunction against blowing up children, hospitals, random vehicles on the highway, and public utilities used only by Afghan civilians. Says the people who dress up in police uniforms and storm a camp populated by tourists from non-belligerent countries.

Does anybody actually think these assholes are a serious threat to anything but sanitation?