A little particle of time fell from the top shelf of my dusty old closet today, I think it must have fallen directly into my eye, because it made me cry. A seemingly insignificant moment of time rolls down my cheek in the form of a tear, thoughts, a memory of a life passed by.

If I were to try and collect the little pieces of this life that I've found deep in my head over the years and place them in a jar, it would shatter, glass shards slicing through the flesh of my fingers. You can't hold onto time, not for very long, it passes whether you want it to or not, and with it you'll go, pulled along.

You may choose to go willingly, or to challenge this thing we call time. It's quite difficult to do such a thing, really.. you'll just end up attempting to live something, somewhere, that no longer exists.

Sometimes, you'll be granted just a brief moment, a second even, where you may grab onto some tiny piece, but it will do nothing but hurt you if you don't let it go again.

It can't, won't hurt you unless you let it, you don't need to silence it, close your eyes when time gives you the opportunity, just float around in this little universe of ours. Time brings wisdom to those who will let it, and it brings happiness to people who accept life and its progression. Smile at time as it passes you by, no need to harbour any feelings of bitterness or hate for a concept that holds none for you.