The main characters of Pete and Pete, and their descriptions:
  • Older Pete: Older Pete is the narrator of the show. He seems to be the most normal person in the show, but is by no means the main characer.
  • Younger Pete: Younger Pete has a tatto of a mermaid on his arm, lovingly named Petunia. His best friend and personal superhero is Artie, the Strongest Man in the World. Pete's hobbies include making Petunia dance, shooting marshmallow presidents out of his nose, and collecting burps in a paper bag.
  • Ellen: Ellen is a kind of girl-next-door character: She is Pete's best friend, lives only a few blocks away, and plays the french horn in the high school band.
  • Mom: Mom, whose name is Joyce, is your average, everyday, caring, loving, run-of-the-mill mom (although with a few quirks). Generally, she keeps the house and her family in order. One interesting thing to note, however, is that she has had a metal plate in her head since childhood.
  • Dad: Dad, otherwise known as Don Wrigley. He is very competitive, and covets his King of the Road title. He met Mom when he was using ametal detector on the beach and he detected mom's metal plate. Dad also owns and runs a driving range.
  • Artie: Artie, the Strongest Man in the World, is very mysterious and somewhat strange. He lives in (and hosts parties in) a port-a-potty and wears a 40/60 blend of titanium and cotton underwear, with blue and red stripes, of course. Whammy bars affect Artie in the same way kryptonite does Superman, but he is strangely attracted to the song Love Rollercoaster like a "giant funk magnet".