Thank goodness for air conditioning. That's been one of the nicer benefits to house sitting lately. It's 93 degrees F in Melbourne, FL, an hour north of here where we actually live. Our central a/c at home is ancient and crapped out again a few weeks ago. If we were home today our little metal-sided mobile home would have undoubtedly been about 120 degrees. No thank you!

Mom-in-law's house just went off the market yesterday, but the realtor has yet to take the friggin' sign and lock box off the property. I swear, those FOR SALE signs are freak magnets! The other day a very menacing looking guy who spoke very little English was skulking around the front yard. I kept my eye on him through the window and stayed calm until he began snooping around my mom-in-law's minivan. I grabbed the key fob with the remote alarm and hit the button. After all, her vehicle sure wasn't part of the home sale. The man, presumably of African descent, turned about 5 shades of caucasian and executed a jump that would have rivaled the most celebrated NBA allstar.

I proceeded to confront this man, so I went to the front door and turned off the alarm.
"Can I help you?" I asked.
"The house is for sale," he replied.
"Yes, it is. The agent's number is clearly printed on that sign. Call it for an appointment."
"I call that number. Man say to come look at house outside... Call back if good."
"Well, sir, that's all fine and good, but unless you have a licensed real estate agent with you right now I consider you to be trespassing."
"But the man say come and look-" he was becoming nervous.
"You've seen all you're going to see without an agent." I was now getting angry. "Without an agent you are trespassing and I will call the police. Leave now!"

Well, he did leave without incident. I'm glad about that. But really, where do some people get off? For all I know the poor guy was telling the truth, or he could have been casing the joint. Either way, we haven't heard from him again.