Adrian Edmondson is a Comedy God. His career has spanned stage and screen, usually in the company of long-time compadre Rik Mayall. Rik and Ade (aka The Dangerous Brothers) were part of the group of 'new wave' comics known as the Comic Strip (after the comedy club where they all worked in the early Eighties). He has appeared in countless Comic Strip Presents television films (including two recent 'revival' ones).

Edmondson's most famous role is as the violent punk Vyvyan in the cult sitcom The Young Ones. He appeared in various sitcoms that followed in a similar vein, culminating in the classic Bottom which he co-wrote and starred in (as Eddie Hitler) with Mayall. The show combined hilarious monologues and dialogues with bouts of spectacular slapstick ultraviolence.

After three increasingly puerile (and towards the end lazy) series and sell-out tours, they attempted to transfer the magic to the big screen in the disasterous movie Guest House Paradiso. A complete list of Ade's work has been meticulously compiled below (by someone else).

He has also written a novel (The Gobbler, about an aging comedian who wants to kill his partner, IIRC). He is married to fellow Comic Stripper Jennifer Saunders. He recently directed the pilot for her new show (Glitterball, basically Absolutely Fabulous Mark II). Oh, and he performed the theme music for Ab Fab as well.

"You've fucking well hit the clit right on the nail there, you cunting bastard."

from Bottom (Series 3), 'Hole'