Webster apparently wasn't a tea drinker.

Oolong teas are divine. They generally have a subtle taste. Some would even say sublime. Many oolongs have an almost flowery taste.

Webster is also sorta wrong about what oolong actually means. It does have properties of both black teas and green teas, but it is not technically a black tea. To understand, you need to know a little about how tea is made.

Tea is a leafy plant. The leaves are what most people think of when they think of tea, because they are the part of the plant used to make a tasty beverage. (Well, unless you're buying cheap tea that has some stems and garbage like that. Or you're drinking a so-called herbal tea which uses roots or bark. Those aren't really tea, because they're not of the Camellia Senensis plant.) Anyway, to make tea, those leaves are dried, and then infused into boiling water.

The difference in the types of tea comes about during the drying process. Black teas are black because of the oxidation that occurs as their (originally green) leaves dry. Green teas are dried without allowing the tea leaves to oxidize, and so they keep their green color (and a somewhat different flavor). Oolong teas oxidize more than green teas, but not as much as black teas. This way they get the delicious bouquet of a green tea while gaining the strength of a black tea.

To sum up: oolong tea is very good. But then, so is tea in general.