-/+


A saturday much like any other, except I was at work.

So I guess it wasn't much like saturday at all. I had about four hours off yesterday, and came back to work around midnight. As far as the workday was concerned, I stayed very busy all day. I did some paperwork, and then ordered about thirty thousand dollars worth of parts. Circuit breakers and transformers can be amazingly expensive stuff, and I'm not convinced that these are all of the thousand dollar hammer variety, either. I think the navy errs on the side of caution when it deals with 450 volt, 3,000 amp transformers, and I appreciate it. Better safe than sorry, and I'll gladly spend more of your money if it means I or my guys can live a little longer.
A saturday at work always sucks, but a sunny drive home can sometimes provide unexpected compensation.

Around four or five o'clock, I sped home in my beautiful volkswagen bug. As I pulled out of the shadow of downtown San Diego, the sun warmed my face and the wind blew my hair. I felt happy to be alive, and truly happy to be going home.
Of course, I still had to be back at 11:30.

OK, so it's going to be a long weekend.
TOO FINISH LATER

rush home, no one ready, girls' Luau, dancing, boy plays with pennies, eat dinner, boy melts down & to bed he goes, play cpu trivial pursuit again, back to frickin work with arguments about the nature of love and sex on the way out.