There are those who choose to enter Dworkin's sexuality into their critique -- or one might better call most such writings "screeds" -- against a figure who has become for many a lightning rod, and for others merely an easy target, one who is meant I take it, to represent, all by herself, the "dangers" of radical feminism.

I suppose for such critics it is inconvenient for them to try to wrap their minds around her relationship with John Stoltenberg, who identifies (or did last I heard from him on the subject, and many years into their relationship) as a gay male. One can also find excerpts from some erotic stories she wrote, in Edward de Grazia's Girls Lean Back Everywhere, mentioned elsewhere in notes concerning the Art vs. Pornography debate.

Since Dworkin and Stoltenberg have adopted a policy of strictly limiting the degree to which they will discuss details of their relationship, one is left largely to speculate, and while I admit I am fairly curious about how their relationship works, I respect their reasons for attempting, at least, to retain some small measure of privacy. Particularly given their subjective accounts of the sort of "blindsiding" and unethical journalistic hack-dom that seemed to arise in the past, when they had naively tried to be more forthcoming about ways in which their personal lives affected their political lives and positions.

In my opinion, though, it's at least somewhat informative to look at both of them together and read both of their works, to add to ones understanding of them both, rather than accept the distorted views that are frequently repeated about them and have become such pervasive rumors and myths that they conceal a far more interesting probable reality.

Along the same lines, look into Dworkin's anti-porn ally, Catharine MacKinnon and her relationship with the somewhat famous Freud critic, Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson. At least I believe they are still married, last I heard.