Smoke and Mirrors
is a collection of short stories by Neil Gaiman
. Many of the stories had never been published before, and Gaiman displays his power, wit, and originality that made him a true storytelling genius.
Among the stories in the book:
- an elderly widow finds the Holy Grail in a pawn shop,
- a stray cat battles with the Devil,
- a little boy bargains for his life with a troll living under a bridge by the railroad tracks,
- the cure for cancer comes with an interesting twist,
- STDs are more dangerous and sneaky than you expect,
- the end of the world is a tourist attraction,
- the reason behind Lucifer's fall from heaven is finally revealed, and
- you will never look at a certain well-known folk tale the same way again.
If this was not enough to tease you into buying the book, then go to your local bookstore and read the first few pages. That should do.