back | days | forth

Damn my manic lack of concentration

I went into town this lunchtime, after solving the clearcase problems we have been having for the past 6 months. Apart from trying to navigate the teeming hordes of people that seemed determined to trip me up or block my path, I was moving fast and managed to get everything done that I needed. (I am on crutches after an operation, dear reader) I bought a train ticket to get to the airport on friday, and it was much cheaper than I thought it would be (£14.50 as opposed to an estimated £40). But, of course, I just had to look in River Island and saw the gorgeous tops and pants/trousers they have on display.

I Want, I Want, I Want!!

Of course, I made the mistake of telling my project leader that I had fixed clearcase; he instantly assumed that the entire team would have the software installed, connected to the new source repository and trained in it's use by this afternoon. Hah! It will take weeks until the whole thing is finished. So he will have to wait. For a long time.

Hmm, travelling by train with crutches, a rucksack and a weekend suitcase will be... interesting.

19:05 BST

Well, that was fun :-) I have been picking out photos from my Mother's vast collection to take with me on my little trip... This of course sparked off a huge nostalgia session, which was lovely :-)