Yesterday | Dizzy->Day_Logs() | Tomorrow


Being ill Sucks.

I'm supposed to be at a barbecue today, but my ears are hurting like hell. I'm thankful that Sainsbury's was open all last night; I had to buy some painkillers because my ears were so painful I kept crying out.

I've just read about the hundreds of people expected at a memorial service for the young girl abducted and killed in the south of england. It's very politically incorrect to say this, but why is everyone mourning this one little girl? How many children are killed by paedophiles compared to those killed by cars?

Why don't we have mass petitions for the banning of cars? It seems that anything else that kills children is quickly banned - guns were banned in the UK after the Dunblane school killings. Yet more children are killed each year through being run over by cars...

It seems that we are more hypocritical than I thought...

Disclaimer: I hate cars.

Later...

Just got back from the barbecue/party I didn't want to go to. I was in pain, but I thought "fuck it".

I spent most of the evening sticking close to a particular girl, drinking cocktails with excessive amounts of alcohol in them.

The party was being hosted by an ex-colleague from a different department to mine. It's striking; the different attitude this department's managers have to their staff. I simply couldn't picture my Project Leader playing carmegeddon with me - All the management of this department play with their staff. During the evening, a water pistol was used to shoot the senior manager of this department - he laughed and retaliated. I couldn't imagine any of my managers doing the same...

Thankfully I drank twice as much water as alcohol, so I'm quite sober and shouldn't get a hangover tomorrow.