All week long I've been having a recurring dream theme: I am hanging out somewhere, with some civilization.. and there is imminent danger. Something is going to eat everyone.. or the people like to sacrifice their children to some local mythical god-like beast.

  • First dream: I am walking through the woods in the fall with my fiance. We run into these people that I know... they live in a gully carved by rain, and they are all the same age. I ask the baker why they are all the same age, and where their children are.. and she told me they are hiding.. because if they come out, they will be sacrificed to the bear, which is revered locally as a god.

    Winter comes in an instant, and this fabled bear appears... my fiance turns into someone else and sprays himself with white foam, so he looks like the snow. He did this to camouflage himself so the bear wouldn't eat him, but the bear sees a spot he missed and goes after him. I didn't have any foam, so I ran away hearing the screams of the man being torn apart and eaten alive.

    When I woke up that morning, my fiance informed me that I was talking in my sleep and had said, "I really don't like bears, except for teddy, he's nice". Um, yeah.

  • Next Dream: I am a child in a Dune-like civilization in the area of Egypt. A lady who is watching me starts freaking out.. and gathers all of us children together and tell us to run East, away from the sand beetles.. because they will eat us alive. The alarm goes off and takes me away from the fleeing crowd of dusty kids.

    Online dream dictionaries say that to dream of being sacrificied, signifies your tendency to punish yourself. This indicates you also feel that others do not appreciate your talents and efforts. Additionally, you may need to eliminate certain conditions to make time and space for more productive and rewarding experiences.

    But what about being attacked every night by some beast or roving hoard of flesh eating whatevers? I don't know about that, but I did find info on bears...

    http://www.dreammoods.com/ says, "To dream that you are being pursued or attacked by a bear, denotes aggression, overwhelming obstacles and competition. You may find yourself in a threatening situation. Alternatively, bears symbolize the cycle of life and death and renewal. It may signal of period of introspection and thinking."

    Conclusion: Introspection and thinking? That doesn't fit. But the agression, overwhelming obstacles, and competition fits my situation, mingled with the concept of sacrifice. This appears to be indicating that because I believe I need to be punished, I stay in situations where I am unappreciated and used, and am trapped until I eliminate these circumstances so better things can come into my life, thereby continuing the cycle of life, death and renewal. Basically I need to change everything, before the village people (perhaps my fiance), sacrifice me to their concept of God (in his case, cars).

    A great man said to me once, "If only you would listen, you would hear everything.."

    He also told me, "People believe what they want to believe"