of computer science
at Cornell University
. Ex-employee of Oracle
corporation, where he was architect
for database replication
Some classic Demers quotes:
- muble... (In code comments, meaning, "this code is dumb." In conversation, meaning "I can't think about that right now".)
- grumble... (In code comments, meaning, "this code is broken. In conversation, meaning, "I am upset!")
- "I don't know if that's a compelling handwave or not."
- "We've just changed what we've claimed, so it's true."
- "This is amazing! I guess."
- "This is proof by induction or something."
- "Once you get unlucky, you can never get lucky again."