04/03/03, Brooklyn, New York

Godspeed you black emperor! are playing a concert. Efrim speaks to the crowd:

Hello? Holy fuck do you people hate your fucking president!

And it's like, it's shocking right? Cause we're farting around this country and nightly you say the word president and people are like "fuck! shit! fuck!"

Crowd yells out "fuck" and "shit."

This is what I'm sayin', ya'll need to let it out. It's like callisthenics or something. But! Wait! Wait! But! But! But, there's this weird thing which is like 3 weeks ago leading up to the war, it's the same deal with the war. You talk to...all of a sudden we all had so much shit in common.

You talk to anybody and say "Hey how's it going?" and they'de be like "No War!!!" Ok so, so then the war started...and all of a sudden more and more people you talk to who last week were like "Now War!!!...we're gonna shut this fucking thing down!" and all the rest of it, more and more people are like "Well...I'm not really into it...but it's happening and we just gotta hope for a quick resolution"...

Massive boo from the crowd.

And its fucked up cause all of a sudden you're like nostalgic for 3 weeks ago..you're like standing there going "oh man 3 weeks ago, that was really happening..."...you know...

"Defect to Canada!"

You don't wanna defect to Canada! You don't wanna be doing that...whoever it was who just yelled that. But wait! It's this constant thing when you talk to certain people and you say anything in they're like "Well it's very easy to criticize, it's very easy to complain...but what solutions? You know?...what are you offering?"...in terms of answers, right. So here is, so here is one possible answer, right:

We all must go to the hardware store and buy a hammer. All of us. All...all...all of us. And we walk or drive or fly to Washington, the capitol, and we go to the Pentagon or the White House or both and we bring both those buildings down brick by fucking brick by fucking brick...

And don't no one go to work and don't no one go to school and don't no one shop and don't no one drive... So we're gonna play a little song now and it's dedicated to that idea.

Moya from slow riot for a new zero kanada begins...


First transcribed by Keith Bear on the gybe yahoogroup.