I almost died today, and I was fine with it.

Driving down a frontage road towards the little town of Weslaco, my cousin and I were talking about mundane things, such as motherboards, processors, religion, the same things we always talk about. My cousin was passing Super K-Mart and a white van started to cut us off, well my cousin had to slam the brake in order to miss the white van, and even then we were inches away. My cousin slammed on the horn and put his brights on the guy. He was travelling approximately 60 mph, slowed to 50, and braked real hard in that whole matter of seconds. The only thing that troubled me about the whole ordeal was killing the man in the van, as it would have been the drivers side that we would have hit. Rather than being afraid, I laughed. I laughed profusely, and nothing else came out of my mouth for the next minute. I was not afraid to die, if I died, then well I died. I was more concerned about the people in the white van than I was about myself. What if it was a newly wed couple? What if they had kids? What would they do without their dad? What if I was in that situation? I thought about this silently to myself, I wanted them more to live than me. What will I become? Who will I be in this world? What part will I play?