I'm on a new diet. It's called "Medifast" and apparently all the doctors are raving about it. I'm not one for fad diets, but this one seems to actually work.

It's a complete diet in a box. There's a variety of "meals" that come out of a box that you have to keep eating every 2-3 hours. They include "Parmesan Cheese Puffs," "Cinnamon Pretzel STicks," "Homestyle Chili," "Chicken noodle soup" and some other stuff. It's all mostly synthetic food, made from soy, high in protein and very low in sugar and carbs. You have to eat 5 of them a day. In addition to this you can have 3 calorie-free caffeinated drinks a day, and no more than 3 of these "metabolism boosting" drinks full of green tea extracts and caffeine (provided by Medifast as well). Apparently caffeine and green tea is a killer fat burning combo.

You're also allowed one proper meal a day, which must consist of 6 oz. of protein and some vegetables. All in all, it works out to about 850 calories a day, well below the 3000-some I need to maintain my 190-something weight. You'd expect me to be hungry all the time, but the soy protein in all the foods actually does a great job of curbing my appetite, and believe me I have a killer appetite.

I've been on this diet for a week now, and I've lost something like 5 or 6 pounds. It doesn't feel like water weight, as I've been drinking a lot of water, so I guess it must actually be fat.

All in all, since I started actually caring about what I eat and how much I exercise in late December/early January, I've lost close to 30 pounds. It's a pretty good feeling. Another 10 or so and I should be cut up quite properly. I'll put up a picture of my washboard abs once homenode pics start working again (jk).


Medifast works in this almost pyramid scheme like fashion where they give you discounts and stuff for getting other people on it. If anyone wants to give it a try, give me a holler. You can help me help you help me. Get it?