1301 Stone Ridge Dr
Gahanna, OH 43230
(614) 478-9999

1299 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43212
(614) 291-3663

One of my favorite local eatieries (I've never been to the Gahanna location, but they are the same theme from what I hear). Another Cameron Mitchell restaurant, who says he based it on the Buckhead Diner in Atlanta. It's not really a diner, although it is diner themed with shiny aluminum and bright lights all over the place. Great atmosphere, if somewhat loud. Go in the summer and sit on the patio with some Calamari and a glass of wine, and enjoy the live jazz.

The menu is upscale diner food at very reasonable prices. You absolutely have to get the Maytag Blue Cheese Potato Chips, they are fantastic homemade chips drenched in fresh blue cheese and alfredo sauce. You can get a sandwiches for as little as $5 and most meals are under $10. The meatloaf is excellent, made with veal and served with wild mushrooms, and a side of the best mashed potatoes in town (your choice of buttermilk and chives or cheddar with chipotle peppers). The Romano crusted chicken is also excellent. A variety of meat, chicken, seafood, pasta, and vegetarian meals are available. And save room for a piece of Seriously Big Chocolate Cake, they are not kidding around. Of course there are a variety of other wonderful desserts as well.

Wait can be over an hour, even on a weeknight. They do not take reservations, but you can call ahead and get on the waiting list, and they'll let you know what time to show up.