Understand first, there is nothing homemade about this. It's supposed to be scarcasm. But it's a good thing, simply 'cause I can't cook, and this type of recipe works for those who can, and for those doomed to eat spaghettios and mac 'n cheese for a good portion of their lives.

The Ingredients:
More details provided in the directions...

Keep in mind, this is entirely up for changes. This is just a base idea of what to throw in. You can add or modify most anything. And as far as how much of what you need... it depends on the size of the pot. (And no, don't put weed in the soup, you pot head, just smoke it already.)

5 cups of water
2 cups of pasta
1 package of prepared chicken pieces
half a carrot
one stalk of celery
3 chicken cubes
onion powder
parsley
sage
salt
black pepper


optional: 1/2 a potato


Directions:

1. Boil 5 cups of water.

2. While water is boiling, take your 1/2 of carrot, celery stalk and potato if you have one (a potato thickens up the soup a bit and makes it starchy) and throw then in a chopper (or do it by hand if you don't have one). Turn it on the highest setting and make a vegetable paste almost. Why? Real moms/grandmas spend time simmering big huge chunks of vegetables down to nothing over hours. You want your soup quick! If you want pieces of veges for eating with the soup itself, cut up additional pieces and save them to throw in later.

3. Mash up your 3 chicken cubes. Recommended you use Maggi chicken cubes, a Venezuelan product, look in the Import Isle at the supermarket. They are big, so if you use some brand name that come in small little cubes, then use 6 or so. Again, it depends on how much soup you make. Get a paper plate and use the handle of a knife to mash them up into a powder (or close to it).

4. Take a table spoon or two of parsley flakes into the palm of your hand. Rub your palms together grinding up the parsley into a finer flake onto the paper plate. Also on the pate, add about another 2 tablespoons of onion powder. One tablespoon of sage, a teaspoon of salt... (if that, chicken cubes are usually salty, you might not need any more) and grind up some black pepper, as much as you think you can handle. More if you are sick :) It clears out your nose.

5. When the water comes to a boil, empty the contents of your plate into the water as well as the vegetable paste you made. You should see most everything dissolve except a few carrot pieces and the parsley flakes float to the top. Let that come to a small rolling boil and let it sit for a minute while you fetch the rest of your stuff.

6. Chicken Pieces. You want already prepared chicken. When people make soup, it's ususally pieces picked off a bird and they are already cooked. It will take time to have to do that yourself, and we want quick and easy. Recommend Louis Rich or Perdue Short Cuts. Preferable a simple grilled chicken without too many seasonings, that's what all that other stuff was for. Cut any big pices down to bite size. Add the chicken and pasta/noodles as well as any other veges you want to add to the pot. Let it come to another boil. And your soup is done when the pasta has cooked through. Don't over cook the pasta, if anything, undercook it. The longer it sits in your broth the more it will turn to mush.

And of course, add soup crackers, or croutons, or sprinkle cheese on top of your soup, but you are essentially done! Woo!

Prep time is about 20ish minutes. Serves as many as you make enough for.

Leftovers should be stripped of the pasta. The broth & chicken can be used again, but you should cook up fresh pasta with it if you decide to reheat it later.

mmmmmmm, soup :)