whilst i am out of school, the days all melt into one. the weeks all melt into, well, duh, one. it's just a long expanse of time that seems endless, and wherein i know i can achieve lots of things, but they all get left to the last minute.

i have school next tuesday. i am unprepared. i have 900 pages left to read, and a story to write. i am uninspired. maybe it's the darkness. i'm solar powered and go into very bad pits of depression this time of year. but i met a guy. i'll tell you about him.

i actually met him a while back, when on my way home from my math exam, on the day in vancouver where we got a lot of snow. i was stuck at the skytrain station for a very long time because the bus simply did not come. not a good thing. my feet were wet and i was in a bad bad mood. he saw me standing there cold and alone, and decided to some talk to me. "to distract me from how cold i was". so we talked, and i learned a lot about him. he is three weeks younger than i am, but had already experienced way more of life. he had been a drug dealer, in prison, he'd dropped out of school at the tender age of thirteen, but he was going back. he'd lived back east, on almost all of vancouver island, and most of the distant parts of langley.

he had long hair. and blue cordoruy pants.

my horoscope had told me to "break the rules" on that day, so when he asked for my phone number, i gave it to him. that was a few weeks back. he phoned me yesterday. he was in the area, so we went for a walk.

for a drug-dealing dropout convict, he was pretty nice. i didn't want to meet him, but i was trapped. i'd not wanted to go. i told him i might have to pick my sister up, i wasn't sure. he said that if i wasn't there when we'd agree to meet, he'd assume i wasn't coming and no feelings would be hurt. ten minutes early, when i'd decided not to go, to sit in my apartement and watch tv and fake having to pick my sister up, he buzzed on the intercom. so i went down.

i'm not stalking you, were the first words to come out of his mouth. that freaked me out. he'd seen me go into the parking lot of my building, and he knew my last name, so he figured he'd give it a try. first thing that bugged me. he knew my last name. i must have given it to him. i can't believe i'd done that. he told me that it hadn't been a good idea to give out my last name. i normally don't. i have a stalked paranoia thing going.

he gave me a flower that he picked out of a planter at my building.
he told me i looked like someone who had graduated with honours. (i had)
he told me i had an unique look about me, not very forgettable.
and that if i was ever hungry, to call him and he'd invite me over and make me dinner.
he turned out to be a tree-hugging protester type.
when he found out that i didn't smoke, he mentioning about how he'd quit "very recently"

i hope he's not stalking me. i hope i'm not so despirate that i'm finding things to like about this guy. i'm not going to call him. my mother always told me not to pick up guys at surrey central station.

i think i may have just found my story.