12:33 EET

ARGH!
Like Eric Cartman would say, this sucks donkey balls.
An admin made some network-related changes to my workstation yesterday. As a result, all my personal preferences - including cookies, keymaps, explorer configuration, you name it - are completely screwed up, and I can't even modify most of them. None of the employees present can pinpoint the exact source of the problem, let alone a solution.
Most of the linux fanatics reading this would argue that you can't even customize Windows that much. Yes, not as much as your fancy window managers, but the default settings are damn terrible! The administrator in question should get his ass over to the office ASAP before I go postal.

Thankfully it's Friday, and the workday will be cut short by a nice game of minigolf again. Anything to get me away from this malfunctioning piece of Microsoft Bashers' prime material.


18:45 EET

The most unbelieveably good-looking girl, maybe a year or two younger than me, was standing on the line next to mine at Carrols. Someone else might not have found her that special, but I was blown away. Not only was she beautiful, but seemed totally natural too. While certainly utilizing her beauty, the girl didn't appear snobbish at all. If her personality is equally good, she can't be far from perfection.
This incident left me feeling a bit depressed. Why? Because a fat, ugly geek like myself has a snowball's chance in hell when it comes to women, especially ones this beautiful. And I can't really complain about the society being too superficial, since I noticed good looks first as well. Sigh.

Other than that, the day has turned for the better. The admin friend of mine spent a good while on the problem I was whining about earlier, but the only solution we came up with was to create a new account. (and if this guy can't fix it otherwise, it's really screwed up :)) Sheesh, I can't wait for the first Win2k service pack. Thankfully it should be arriving next monday.

Although sleeping for only ~6 hours, I feel surprisingly energetic. So I'd better stop noding and clean up the place, since I was feeling too lazy for it yesterday.