The shortened title for the "Attacked Mystification Police", in the Silent Mobius manga and anime series. It was formed by Superintendent Rally Cheyenne in 2024, after years of attacks on humans by demons called Lucifer Hawks. Initially it consisted of only four members:

Rally Cheyenne (Commander of AMP)
Lebia Maverick (Lieutenant and computer expert)
Nami Yamigumo (Shinto cleric)
Kiddy Phenil (partly cyborg fighter)

In 2026 another two women joined:

Katsumi Liqueur (sorceress)
Yuki Sato (psychic)

In 2027, Commander Mana Isozaki joined and took over direct control of the the five women officers (though she took orders from Rally). In 2030 the last member of AMP joined, the Chinese magic user Lum Cheng, who was fetched from Hong Kong by Kiddy and Nami.

Each member of AMP has different powers in combating the Hawks but form a potent force when they work together. They originally have to contend with jealousy from other Police departments but eventually win them over with their charm and combat skills.

AMP headquarters is based Tokyo (this is the rebuilt capital, after the Tokyo we know and love/hate was destroyed after Project Gaia failed). Early on in the series, the original headquarters building is destroyed by Maximillian Ganossa, a human working for the Lucifer Hawks, so a new one was designed and built for the AMP. Before the final battle with the Lucifer Hawks and the forces of Nemisis, the new headquarters building is possessed by a Lucifer Hawk. Members of a SWAT-like team from the regular Police force help buy the AMP time to destroy it. Obviously the women regret having to do it but they have no choice, lest the Lucifer Hawk fully merge and create havoc in the city.

Only women are allowed to join AMP. At first there is no reason given for this curious rule, but later on Rally tells us why. It is women who create life and nurture it, thus enabling to repair the damage caused by war and conflict. The idea of women fighting a defensive conflict, as protectors of mankind is quite appropriate in this series.