#1) The noders preceding me seem to have summed up the logical faults or absence of proof that I see in your node, but I think I should say that what you have written is not groundless. The part where you say "Are you sure God doesn't exist?" is a question that is well worth asking. I'm not going to offer any proof that he doesn't exist, because I don't believe it can be proved either way. Humans have very limited perception, ie. we can (directly or indirectly) observe the movement of atoms and even sub-atomic particles, but we have a very limited knowledge about the force(s) causing this. Perhaps God is there. I don't know. But the second half of Reason #1 is what disturbs / offends me. Your scare tactics are an insult to the average man's intelligence. I am not sure that God exists, but I am not willing to conform myself to what the bible says and compromise my own values in order to be "safe" from the wrath of God. I believe that a person should always act based on his beliefs, no matter what. Trying to believe something that I don't believe would be hypocritical, and also detrimental to life.

#2) This part ties in to Reason #2. I think that I should solve moral dilemmas myself, and not leave them up to a book. That is, I should act on my own beliefs, not someone else's. I might ask the advice of a pastor, though I don't know any, only because I see them as an experienced and learned person. Even then, I won't folllow it as an order, but take it as a suggestion. I often find that it is best to seek advice from one's community, such as in Quaker Meeting, and draw from one's experience in order to make decisions.

#3) How can you tell me what I do or do not know? This is the kind of bigotry that can turn people away from religion. I do not care what religion gives me forgiveness; I'm not looking to buy indulgences.

#4) "If you believe in God, no problem." Religion and philosophy should be here to guide us in determining the answers to our questions or thinking about certain subjects. It should not a way to hide, like cowards, from questions of existence, morality, or what it means to be human.

#5) Your scare tactics, again, aren't working.There does not have to be an afterlife; you are offering opinion, without proof, without any evidence whatsoever. Also, see #3.

#6 - #9) Sigh. no comment.

#10) I was raised as a Quaker. Quakers believe that there is an inner-light inside everyone, and that this is the source of our spiritual guidance, our emotions, etc. Many believe that this is God, or God's voice, or what-have-you. Others, like me, do not. What I love about Quakerism, as a religion, is that they leave this decision up to you.
I'd like to respond to this as a writeup and tell you what I think is right and wrong with it.
Right: Footprints raises questions about what we take for granted: "Are you sure God doesn't exist?", "Can you explain infinity?", "Creation theory does not conflict with the belief in natural selection", etc. I think that these are thing we should speculate about, and we should not take the answers we've been given for granted. In that respect, he makes a very good, and well-intentioned, point.

Wrong: Footprints tells us what we know and do not know. He tells us, that we "can't possibly believe that evolution theory completely," that "there has to be an afterlife", and that we "know it's wrong" to watch movies. This kind of content in a node is self-defeating. We have to remember that we are on a website made for the sharing of factual information, and sometimes for a discussion on certain topics. It is time for us to treat each other as equals and to respect the opinions and beliefs of others. It is best that we try to understand the positions of others and when there are disagreements, we should not assume that we are always right, in fact, we should not make many assumptions at all. We should know that other people have reasons for their beliefs, just as we have reasons for ours; we are all coming from radically different backgrounds and geographic areas, so tolerance is the key. I'm sure that I've made mistakes to this effect, but I hope that I can change that. (Not to change what I've written, but to keep this in mind as I continue noding.)