Rack of Spam is a classic example of American haute cuisine, and the perfect Xmas dinner! Each rack serves 1–2 people. Several may be cooked at once; simply multiply the cooking time accordingly.

Ingredients

Directions
  1. Remove the Spam loaf from the can and place on a microwave-safe platter.
  2. French the Spam loaf by cutting five or six evenly-spaced slits, each about three-quarters of the way through from the top.
  3. For every slit made in the previous step, cut and set aside a thin (about quarter-inch) wedge of Velveeta cheese.
  4. Pour the Coca Cola into a small bowl and wait for it to stop fizzing.
  5. Gradually stir in the brown sugar, stopping when the resulting mixture has achieved a syrupy consistency.
  6. Add the mustard, stirring until it has dissolved into the mixture, which is now the glaze.
  7. Brush the glaze onto the Spam loaf so that every surface is liberally coated.
  8. Insert one of the prepared Velveeta wedges into each of the slits in the Spam loaf, causing the top of the loaf to fan out in a pleasing rack effect.
  9. Sprinkle with raisins, if desired.
  10. Microwave the platter on power setting 5 (medium) for 4½ minutes, or until the cheese has begun to bubble up.
  11. Remove the platter from the microwave and let stand for a minute before serving.

This dish pairs excellently with Budweiser, or the kind of wine that comes in a box. Enjoy!