The eighth game in the Zork series, published by Activision in 1997. Unlike their previous attempt, Zork Nemesis, this was a really great game that maintains the title of Zork quite well. This game has a great story, great graphics, and most importantly a return to Zork style humor. In this game, a technology crazed Grand Inquisitor has banned magic and does his best to erradicate magic forever. In the process he has trapped the last Dungeon Master in a rusty lamp, which you get to lug around the entire game. The Dungeon Master provides hints and comic relief as a disembodied voice throughout the game. To save magic, you must retrieve some rather familiar items: the Coconut of Quendor, the Skull of Yoruk, and a Cube of Foundation through a bunch of quests with three compainions you pick up (literally) along the way. The game includes quite a bit of time-travel and familiar sites (the White House, Flood Control Dam #3, and GUE Tech). It even gives homage to it's text-based ancestors whenever you die. The only problem with the game is it's quite easy, and is over far too soon. Unfortunately this game wasn't a big commercial success, so it is doubtful that Activision will produce anymore in the Zork series (and just when they were getting the hang of it). I'd reccomend to anyone who enjoyed the original series to give this one a chance. And maybe write to Activision supporting the continuation of the Zork series.