I am a radical centrist, however, I describe it differently from wharfinger. To me, being a radical centrist is being a moderate by virtue of the extremes, in other words, believing some of more liberal and more conservative politics. Unfortunately, this leads to everyone hating you, as they either see you as being wrong on half of the issues, or as a friend of the enemy, for believing in some of their "extremist" notions.

I have never understood some of the uproar about my positions. For example, I am in favor of raising taxes (majority jacking them up, I come from a rich family and there is no way in hell that we need the amount of money we have), especially for the rich, but I am also in favor of cutting the budget (I don't feel like there is room for many social programs in a capitalist society, excluding public education), so that we can pay off the national defecit. I catch flak from liberals for cutting spending, but I catch flak from conservatives for raising taxes. I'm also extremely pro-choice and in favor of the death penalty. I don't understand why these positions should be out of line with each other, but many people treat me as if they are. Although every political test I have ever taken has described me as a moderate, I cannot politically relate to my other moderate friends, and this is why I consider myself a radical centrist and not a moderate. Contrary to what wharfinger says above, I do not believe that being a radical centrist is at all like being a moderate.

In the end, there are many ways of defining a radical centrist, a moderate, a liberal, and a conservative, and they're all both correct and incorrect depending on the situation. Defining yourself politically in this current age and time requires you to think in shades of grey, but then to define yourself in black and white, and as long as we subscribe to this way of thinking, we'll always have problems understanding others opinions.