14:46 BST

May I refer the ladies and gentlemen of the Jury to my weird sleeping schedule. I got up early afternoon on July 8, 2000, and alternated between working for a bit, procrastinating for a while, and working again. Anyway, I didn't manage to get as much as I wanted done, so I started working again around 02:00 (yes, am) July 9, 2000. Until 09:45 that day.

Around 9, however, I met my mother, getting ready to go out, to get a train to see relatives. "You're up early." To which I agreed; easier than justification.

So anyway, she went out, and I spent all day doing precisely nothing. I was not in the mood, and needless to say a little tired. I was to tired to even node what I wasn't doing, a mild degree of web browsing was all I could manage. This got too ridiculous, so around 19:00 I went to bed, and slept until around 12:00. At which point I got up, did about 5 hours of work, and went to bed again.

Insane. Well, anyway, here I am now. I got up after around 7 hours of sleep today. Which means I'm still under budget in sleeping hours, since saturday. Which is nice. So anyway, I've had a driving lesson today, which wasn't so great, as it seems I might still not be able to sit my driving test before being back at uni for a second year in a row... Hopefully that will all work out though.

Now, to get on with some work...

12:44 BST the next day...

I worked, I worked! The code worked, it worked! How surprising. Although I did put in the requisite amount of effort. Anyway, I got to bed ridiculously late yet again, which was around 07:00 BST. Why do I only work well at night? It's very bad for my health apparently, staying up all night, especially since I'm a night person. Apparently day people seem to suffer less from a sleeping schedule very out of synch with the normal, Nature intended, one. According to New Scientist anyway. Which I tend to believe.

As for the surprising (to me) result... you'll have to stay tuned until July 12, 2000. (Why do I always want to type July instead of June when writing my daylog? I keep visiting last months Day Logs and almost appending my entry for this month to then...