As iain already noded, there was a festival on the Isle of Wight in 1970, which also took place there in 1969 and perhaps one year before that too. What I am going to node about is The Who's Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 album, which, as its title says, is a live album. Some people say that the band has played sloppy that evening and that the quality of the recording isn't very good. The Who's first live album Live At Leeds is indeed a bit better (just compare Heaven And Hell, Young Man Blues or Magic Bus), but it does not contain a live performance of Tommy (The Who played it at Leeds, but they didn't include it on the CD leaving only Amazing Journey/Sparks) (addition: well, obviously now it does contain Tommy on the Live at Leeds Deluxe Edition; but in order to put the whole performance on cd, they changed tracklist of the concert). I still love this concert, it just shows how great The Who were playing live. The CD also has a very, very nice booklet about the festival and The Who's show. There's a quote by Ray Manzarek, who is saying that Pete came off the stage furious after Magic Bus, because his guitar (a beautiful red Gibson SG..) didn't work anymore.

  1. Heaven And Hell
  2. I Can't Explain
  3. Young Man Blues
  4. I Don't Even Know Myself
  5. Water
  6. Overture
  7. It's A Boy
  8. 1921
  9. Amazing Journey
  10. Sparks
  11. Eyesight To The Blind (The Hawker)
  12. Christmas
  13. The Acid Queen
  14. Pinball Wizard
  15. Do You Think It's Alright
  16. Fiddle About
  17. Tommy Can You Hear Me
  18. There's a Doctor
  19. Go To The Mirror
  20. Smash The Mirror
  21. Miracle Cure
  22. I'm Free
  23. Tommy's Holiday Camp
  24. We're Not Gonna Take It
  25. Summertime Blues
  26. Shakin' All Over - Spoonful - Twist And Shout
  27. Substitute
  28. My Generation
  29. Naked Eye
  30. Magic Bus

There is also a video version of this concert, which is unfortunately VERY edited. Some songs are cut out, the whole order is changed, ... But if you don't have the chance to see The Who live, it's cool.