Friends

I have always had good friends, and this past week, those good friends have showed me the meaning of true friendship. Earlier this week I suffered a mental shock and immediately turned to them to seek advice, or simply to vent some emotions. They have responded to my time of need in so many ways, that I have started to recover faster than I ever thought possible. They have offered all kinds of advice and help ranging from phone calls, to letters, to visits. One friend in particular has helped me far and above all the others. Not that I am downplaying the rest of my friend's help, but hers has attributed to much of my recovery.

As soon as she detected a problem, she was on the phone with me helping me sort out the thoughts that were rapidly going through my mind. She offered me advice from situations she had experienced that were very similar to mine. She has given me words of reassurance and confidence that have helped me more than she will ever know. There have been letters sent by her, and promised visits to check up on me. She has called randomly on numerous occasions just to say hi, and also to reassure me and give me words of advice. Her help has allowed me to get my life back on track with incredible swiftness.

The help that has been offered to me over the past week, not just by her, but by all of my close friends has meant the world to me. I consider myself incredibly lucky to be able to call these people my close friends, and I just want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. They have been right by my side during this week of depression and sadness, and I am eternally grateful.