The Sufis advise us to speak only after our words have managed to pass through three gates. At the first gate, we ask ouselves, 'Are these words true?' If so, we let them pass on; if not, back they go. At the second gate, we ask, 'Are they necessary?' At the last gate, we ask, 'Are they kind?'
- user since
- Tue Apr 27 1999 at 20:21:27 (17 years ago )
- last seen
- Thu Nov 24 2005 at 21:07:12 (10.4 years ago )
- number of write-ups
- 9 - View artifex's writeups (feed)
- level / experience
- 0 (Initiate) / 75
- artifex - author, artist, artisan, maker.
- where the I divides
- most recent writeup
- December 30, 2004
- Send private message to artifex