1. DON'T PANIC.. If you fall from a low enough height, and haven't died of cold or depressurization, now is the time to start thinking about strategies. You may be able to survive.

  2. Check your altitude. This is actually a trick question. If you are wearing an altimeter, then chances are you don't need to read this. Check your back for a parachute. If there is a parachute, your prognosis is good. Please see skydiving.
  3. Survey landing locations.No parachute, eh? Bummer. Okay, now look down and take a good look at the ground. This may be frightening -- DON'T PANIC. If there are any bodies of water below, you want to steer clear of them. Water is the worst thing to hit. Look especially for hills -- the best way to land is by rolling down a hill. Large inflated crash mats are great, too, but chances are you won't find any handy.
  4. Steering. This should be pretty intuitive. Use air resistance to maneuver yourself over your chosen landing location. If you need help, see skydiving. You should be able to cover considerable ground in the air.
  5. Preparing to land. Okay, the big moment is coming up. This may sound weird, but the best thing to do is to RELAX. Most survivors of this kind of fall are blissfully ignorant children, who haven't got the same muscle tension adults do. Prepare to go completely limp when you hit the ground. Assuming you found a hill, prepare to roll. Devise a landing posture and angle such that no major leg bones will be driven up into your torso.
  6. Landing. It's going to hurt. I'm not going to kid you. You'll need an ambulance pretty soon after you land. But after a few weeks in intensive care, just think of the story you will be able to tell. And if you focus on positives like this, you are more likely to live to thank yourself. Good luck.