user since
Thu Oct 2 2008 at 16:10:23 (15.5 years ago )
last seen
Thu Oct 8 2009 at 16:41:10 (14.5 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View arleas's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 24
mission drive within everything
music and taking over the world
specialties
video games
motto
I know...
most recent writeup
Quitting smoking
Send private message to arleas

I don't know what to put here. I could put up my REAL bio, but I feel like there's probably too much information about me on the web as it is. I usually tell everyone to just google me and then throw out anything that doesn't pertain to gaming as that's probably someone else.

I started using this name back in 1996. I had just gotten out of the U.S. Navy (active reservist) and I was looking for something to pass the time. A friend of mine in an online service (called "Chrysalis") had suggested this Multi-User Dungeon called Dragon Swords.

I decided to check it out and one of the requirements for making a character was that it had to have a medieval sounding name. I couldn't really think of anything so I made one up. I figured arleas was close to medieval, and later I found that I was right (sort of).

For many years, I was pretty much the ONLY thing that came up on a web search for arleas, and it was always related to Dragon Swords and people that I knew from Dragon Swords. Later I found out that there was a woman actually named Arleas (but I've nearly always spelled my name in all lowercase).

Later on, some guy asked me if he could use the name in a story he was writing. I didn't see why not (it's not like I had the name trademarked or anything). I completely forgot about that until a year or two later I noticed "Prince Arleas" showing up in the searches I did on myself.

But seriously, if you want to know about me, try google first, and ask me second.