Update 2:17pm

I think everyone has forgotten or is ignoring the afor-mentioned bomb threat. Nothing has gone boom yet either way.

Update 9:20am

HOLY SHIT There was just a bomb threat against our building!

This is the first time anything like this has every happened to me. I'm not sure if I like it or not. We are in the top floor (3 stories) of an office building in Chilliwack, British Columbia, and are really out in the boonies. There's a college on the second floor, and a coffee shop and barber shop on the ground floor. The guys figure that the police should check who is writing a test today :)

I'm not sure how well it was told to us (the programmers though). The CIO came on the PA system and said "I don't want to alarm anyone but there was a bomb threat made against the building. The police are here and are investigating, but they don't think there is any cause for alarm. I'll let you know more when I am updated." Is that a really good way to break something like this to us? I didn't think so! One of our coders (Darth Maul, see below) is talking about going home and working through his VPN. I personally don't think there's any danger, so I'm not really worried. Honest, I'm not! I will update as I know more.

8:30am
Once again my costume for halloween was that of a linux c programmer. Coincedentally that's not a big stretch for me, and the needed material for the costume were readily available in my closet. There were a couple of others who did dress up though. One of our java guys came as Darth Maul, and he pulls it off well, as he has the right build for it. One of our salesdroids came wearing middle-eastern dress with a paper bullseye taped to his back. A bit tasteless IMHO, but you knew someone was going to do it. Of course, I've been hearing on the radio that kids are dressing up as anthrax letters...

I think work today will consist of fixing bugs in the authentication server that I wrote last week and helping our web guy tie it into a perl module for Apache. Other than that, bugs, bugs, and more bugs.

Upside: I get to boogie on out of here early today.
Downside: I have to go to a dentist appointment.

At least the gym is a little easier to get up for these days since the time change. Somehow 6am doesn't feel so bad. I hope it keeps going like this. Going to bed when my body still thinks that it's 9pm is pretty weird though. Unfortunately you really can't get rid of one without getting rid of the other.