Cooking the Perfect Bachelor Spaghetti

Ingredients:

Cooking Instructions:

Start the water boiling. Put a splash of the oil in to keep the spaghetti from sticking together. At the same time, dump enough (for whatever amount you prefer) of sauce in a microwave safe container (I use a measuring cup) along with the meatballs and cover with plastic wrap. Put these in the microwave for approx 5 minutes on medium (to defrost them).

By the time the 5 minutes are up the water should be boiling. Dump enough (again, only practice will tell how much is enough) spaghetti into the boiling water.

I use just under the amount that will fit in the area created by joining my thumb and forefinger midway between the knuckle of my thumb and it's tip. Practice makes perfect though, and remember, leftovers are good! With the spaghetti in the pot, take out the measuring cup from the microwave and stir, and then put in for another 5-7 minutes on high (this is the actual cooking phase).

Test the spaghetti occasionally, until it looses it's internal hardness and becomes soft (but not too soft!). At this point, if all has gone well, the sauce and meatballs should be cooked as well. Using a strainer in the sink, strain the spaghetti and rinse it in hot water to wash off any oil left over from the cooking process. Shake off in the strainer to get rid of excess water and serve (spaghetti goes on the bottom, sauce and meatballs on top). Parmesan cheese is then sprinkled over the top.

Congratulations, you have the Arcterex brand bachelor spaghetti!