I'm baaaaack....

Well hidey ho there kids... I'm back from the dead.

I've got a new job now, and no time to node since I was in training for the last few weeks. Now I'm all settled in my new cube at my new job and life is pretty damned good. Well, its good except for this cold that has settled in my nostrils and lungs and makes me sound like I have chewing gum crammed up my nose when I talk.

I would have been here earlier this week since I started my solo gig out of training on Monday, but I was having trouble getting around the proxy server for some reason. Anyway, I got it all figured out now, and I'm ready to start noding during work again between phone calls.

This new job is pretty cool. I really like everyone on my team here and I'm getting paid a LOT more than I was before. Help desk work can be crappy, but this place is pretty good and the callers aren't rude. I even have a bigger cubicle than my old job, and I have two computers! TWO! Why do I need two computers?? I don't know, but its pretty damned cool. One of them is a brand new Dell with a 21" monitor. WooHOO!! The other is an older HP Vectra running Win95, and its sort of our "junk" computer that each of us gets to use as a jukebox, testing ground, whatever. There are sound cards on order for the new Dells so that we can use training programs on them with headphones, but we have to supply our own speakers if we want to listen to music. I'm going to install the sound card the company gets me into the Dell, then cannabilize one of my old machines at home for a CD-ROM drive and sound card for my HP.

The only bad thing about this job is commuting from Vancouver to Tigard, which is about 30-40 miles each way, and traffic sucks ass when I have to drive it. Its worth it for the money, but I wish that my car stereo worked so it wasn't so boring. Then again, the silence is good for my thought processes. I am able to think seriously about some things while I drive rather than just sing along mindlessly with the stereo.

So, things are going pretty well right now. Only an hour before I get to leave work and today is pay day. Unfortunately, my direct deposit didn't go through for this paycheck, so I will have a physical check waiting for me at my PO Box. I will have to run to the bank before 6 to get it deposited. Even then, it probably won't be really in there until Monday. Oh well. I can float a couple checks I guess.

Time to get back into the swing of noding and look for my list of things I wanted to node. Its nice to be back. :)

Nodes That I Wrote Recently:
None

You should read the The Great Grand E2 Book Lotto node.

CD’s I’ve Listened To Today:
None - need to bring in speakers for computer soon!

Today’s Horoscope on my Calendar (Aries) - its at home - need to bring that in too!