Work was a bitch today. I had a ton of work to do, but I got it all done. That didn’t leave me any time to play around here, so this is probably going to be my only node of the day.

Last night was awful. I got home from working out, had some dinner, and took a shower. After my shower, I had some time before going to play bingo, so I sat down at my computer to play a game. Outside, the neighbor chick had a bunch of stupid “gangsta” wannabe’s hanging out with her in the parking lot, and they were being really obnoxious. Since it was hot outside, I had the windows open and could hear every word. I’m not offended easily, so I didn’t really care about their swearing, but it was getting annoying listening to it over and over again. This isn’t the first time this has happened, so I decided to take the time to write a letter to my landlord about it. When I first moved into this apartment complex, it was really quiet, which is what I wanted. That’s why I chose this complex.

Some background here – my neighbor is an older woman, probably in her 50’s, and she was rarely home since she was always at her boyfriend’s house. Ever since June, her daughter has been staying in her apartment. I’ve listened to her daughter fighting with a boyfriend, breaking up with a boyfriend, and now she seems to be attempting to find the next boyfriend judging from the number of males that come and go from her place.

So, I wrote the letter, and went to play bingo. It turns out that the bingo game was at the wrong time and Pete screwed up, so I came home and called Alex. I figured that since Alex had been complaining recently about my not being spontaneous enough, I would call him and see if I could come over. No dice. He was in the middle of a project and feeling antisocial, so I said goodnight and decided to watch some TV before bed. I noticed at that time that the gangsta idiots were back outside and being obnoxious still.

About 11:30, I got into bed and read for a while. The party seemed to be going on in full swing out there, which I wasn’t pleased about. Their cigarette smoke was drifting into my apartment and my car was out there. I can just about bet that my car was being used as a chair. It kept getting louder outside and I was nervous about asking them to knock it off. You really never know who might have a gun these days, plus my car was sitting out there and I didn’t want to find my tires slashed in the morning. I turned off the light about 12:15 am, and hoped that seeing my bedroom light go out would quiet everyone down.

Nope, it sure didn’t. Come 1am, I was tired and upset. I called the police, and asked them to send an officer over to quiet the people down. The officer arrived about 10 minutes later, and everyone shut up and went inside the chick’s apartment. I finally fell asleep.

3:15 am – drunken idiocy outside my bedroom window woke me up. I considered calling the police again, but hoped that they would all go home soon. 3:45 am – still noisy and I was about to reach for the phone, when I heard the sprinklers come on and a few cries of “What the fuck??” I guess that’ll teach you to sit on the curb next to a sprinkler head. The party broke up after that, and I got back to sleep.

Needless to say, when my alarm went off at 6:45, I was tired and pissed off. I called my landlord from work and went off on him for about 15 minutes. He sounded pissed at me, but said he’d take care of the problem. I hope so.

In other silly news, I had to call my health insurance company today and get authorization to visit the shrink I had an appointment with. It turns out that my specific plan doesn’t cover this doctor. BLAH. So, I had to find out which doctors were covered and make more phone calls. I got an appointment with another doctor for the same day of the other appointment, and actually spoke with this doctor on the phone. He’s asian, and sounds kind of insane on the phone. He kept giggling at me when we were speaking. I’m not sure what to think at this point. I don’t know if I want to trust my mental health to someone who is insane. I guess we’ll see. The appointment is for two weeks from today.

This weekend I will be seeing my family and my EAP counselor. Hopefully, I’ll find some time for fun. Today is payday which is cool, but I have to sit and pay my bills, including my rent. I am tempted to withhold my rent until that chick is gone from the complex, but I doubt that would work.

Nodes That I Wrote Today:
none

CD’s I’ve Listened To Today:
Nine Inch NailsThe Fragile

We’ll find the perfect place to go where we can run and hide.