15:42 PM PST

I hope everyone had a good time on New Year's. I am getting old because I found myself asleep at midnight cuddled up with my man. We went to the beach for the weekend, and spent most of New Year's Eve cuddling on the couch in front of a fire with the ocean just outside the window. It was very nice. He surprised me with my engagement ring. We were both really drowsy around 11, so we got into bed and fell asleep right away. The entire hotel seemed to be packed with rowdy people, so we both woke up at midnight to lots of yelling and screaming. We kissed each other and went back to sleep.

I spent yesterday home sick from work. Something I ate did not agree with me and I had a major stomach ache. Once I slept for a while, I felt better. I spent part of the day cleaning up my apartment, mostly sorting through things and taking out trash and other materials for recycling. I also cleaned up my kitchen table and filed away a bunch of paid bills and other miscellaneous things. Pretty boring.

I love The Onion. I got an Onion daily calendar for my desk, and I have a feeling I'm going to be spending every morning for the next year laughing my ass off at something stupid. Or, at least smiling half-heartedly.

It seems like every time I log on to E2 there is some new controversy or people talking about what E2 should be or shouldn't be. I'm glad that I don't pay attention. I guess this is the part of the day log where I rant or take a stand, but I'm not going to. I dislike politics and I dislike cliques. I have no desire to get involved with either. I just want to read and write nodes. So, that's what I'm going to keep doing.

Just node.