V was, in my opinion, the greatest tv mini-series ever made. It was directed by Kenneth Johnson. The cast includes Jane Badler, Michael Durrell, Faye Grant, Peter Nelson, David Packer, Neva Patterson, Marc Singer, Robert Englund, and many more.

An alien race comes to Earth and offers peace. They claim to be seeking help and have many gifts to offer in return. At first everything seems to be fine and the human-alien relationship seems to be going well, but eventually a few people start to realize the aliens are up to something and they have something to hide.

An incredible five part mini-series that also spawned a regular series that didn't survive long. I remember being totally stunned by this series the first two times it aired on regular television and I caught it again once on the sci-fi channel. I still think it was amazing. With the 5 episodes it allowed for more character development than a standard movie could allow, it added suspense as you waited for the next episode. It was better than most weekly series and probably got a bigger budget since it was a mini-series.

The one thing I don't think I'll ever forget is the when one of the aliens eats lunch. Or the giant meat-lockers.