true love is ... well... the body can't live on wine and cheese only. it needs plain bread and meat to thrive and flourish. likewise, love starves to death on high romance and wild passion alone. it's much more everyday and earthly than that. it's about the everyday living, it's about life, above all things.


Love's not about a dozen longstemmed red roses.
in fact it's about who's going to water the ficus dying in the corner or repot the african violet the cat knocked over.

Love's not about fine fancy meals and delicacies and bottles of expensive wine and candlelight.
instead it's about, when both of you are *swamped* with work and about to go insane, who will take a moment from their project to reheat the chicken in the fridge and fix a salad.

Love isn't about sitting in Paris, gazing at the amazing sights, it's not about sitting on a beach in hawaii watching in awe as the sun sets.
it's really about simply staring into the other's eyes, and seeing more beauty there than anywhere else in the world.

Love's not about taking a cruise through the tropics or bycycling across europe together.
it's rather about who will make the sacrifice to take the bus to work when one of the cars is in the shop.

Love isn't about the most passionate kissing or sex imaginable.
when the simplest touch, a finger-brush across a cheek, or a massage to untense stress-knots, means as much as anything, means the world, when that touch *says* love...
          ...*that's* love. love is SIMPLE. love is about the everday run-of-the-mill *life* you share.