Cyclops (AKA Scott Summers) is one of the five original X-men. The other four were Jean Grey (who was then Marvel Girl, Iceman, Beast, and Angel (who has since become Archangel).

Cyclops' power is the ability to emit a high powered optic blast from his eyes. Llike all other mutants in the Marvel world, has had his mutant power since birth. To control the blasts, Cyclops must always wear some form of ruby quartz protection over his eyes, usually sunglasses or a visor.

In issue 30 of X-men, Cyclops married Jean Grey. They're son Nate Summers was taken into the future and raised to fight the evil Apocalypse. He has since returned to the present as the warrior Cable. Cyclops' brother Alex Summers is also a mutant. He goes by the name Havoc and is currently affiliated with X-Factor.

Cyclops' costume has changed through the years but has essentially remained the same. An all blue spandex suit with some sort of yellow belt, and of course the visor.

In the 2000 X-Men movie, directed by Bryan Singer, Cyclops was played by James Marsden. Cyclops appears in just about every X-Men video game including the original NES one, the 6 player, Final Fight-esque arcade game, X-Men: Children of the Atom, X-Men VS Street Fighter, and Marvel VS Street Figher.