Much like E2’s beloved , we also seem to have a blind spot when it comes to nodermeets. So come join us again in beautiful downtown Heyworth for . . .

Children of the Corny 5: 5’ll get you 10!




See, even though the dates aren’t exactly correct, we’re celebrating the 5th anniversary of our marriage in Toronto (2003) and the 10th anniversary of moving into our house here (1999).

Not only that -- let's work in E2's Tenth Anniversary as well!

And more -- October 17th is the 20th anniversary of the Loma Prieta Earthquake, which I remember well!

So ... we want to celebrate with all of y’all!

WHEN:

Friday, October 16 through Monday, October 19. Can’t do it at Halloween this year due to prior commitments, unfortunately! The meet starts Friday AFTER 5 PM and runs through Monday morning.

There'll be no one home until around 5 on Friday, so if you get here earlier, you'll have to entertain yourself until then! :)

WHERE:

The exact locale we’re celebratin’! Our house at 107 East Sullivan Street, Heyworth, Illinois. DO NOT go to 107 West Sullivan, those folks are not us! Heyworth is about ten minutes south of the Bloomington/Normal area – also some three hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, or St. Louis.

The Bloomington/Normal area is at the hub of many major highways: Interstate 55, Interstate 74, US 51, and even ol' Route 66. The Central Illinois Regional Airport is also nearby. The Peoria airport, 50 miles distant, may be cheaper. Also, there's an Amtrak station in Normal that's very convenient. Message me if you need help with directions, travel plans, or need a ride from/to public transport.

WHY:

Oh hell, we just like seeing our noder friends again and celebrating with everyone! And who needs an excuse for a party, anyway?

FOOD & DRINK:

We’ll do the chips and snacks and munchies as always, soft drinks, and wine. For the harder stuff, bring what you like and bring some to share (sharing is caring, after all). We don’t know jack about beer, so again bring what you like. If you bring something not for sharing, don’t forget to write your name on it!

Breakfast each day will be the famous Everything2 Pancakes and Waffles; for lunch and dinner, volunteers graciously accepted, or we can play it by ear! One thing we’re looking at is lunch or dinner at one of the famous Route 66 stops near to us.

BREAKING NEWS: The famous Jenchiladas may also be making an appearance (encourage her)!

WHAT:

The usual, of course: eating, drinking (in the grand tradition of E2 nodermeets), games (the famous Carcassonne tournament will be on!), discussing and solving World Events, and meeting noders you’ve never met (but have wanted to all your life!).

Also, I have been informed that THE ORACLE will be in attendance and holding court, dispensing wisdom, advice, and whatever else it is she does!

CRASH SPACE:

Sleeping space may be tight, but we'll figure it out!. We can sleep two on the futon (it’s been reinforced), one on the couch, three to four in the upstairs bedroom, and three to four or so on the floor in the living room (floor crashers should bring something on which to sleep, it’s a hardwood floor!). The garage may be renovated into usable space by this time as well. If you’ve got a preference, please let me know SOON. There are motels within ten miles or so of us – let me know if you need help with arrangements.

THE FINE PRINT:

The cats will be boarded at our hunky vet's office for the weekend. They'll be furious when they come home Monday, but I'll heal up ... eventually ...

As a rule, we don’t have neighbor problems, but keeping outside noise down is always appreciated.




Confirmed celebrants:

Checking their diaries:

We regret … :