Finnish short movie, directed by Jalmari Helander. Released 2001. (Title literally means "thunder".)

... "Finnish Action-Science Fiction" ...

Plot: A Finnish scientist Akseli Ukkonen (played by Jorma Tommila) is developing things for an East Germany company, but discovers that his work is used for somewhat sinister goals. He tries to escape, but is caught - and an accident sets off a smallish nuclear explosion that destroys the lab. He survives, and turns into a radioactive man, comdemned to loneliness for the rest of his life.

Just as he's starting to lose hope in life, he notices that the company is still up and running and continuing the research! He suddently has a new goal...

Details: Okay, it's only 22 minutes or something. But it is, from start to end, an Action Movie with capital A and M.

Understandably the makers didn't just have budget to make a longer movie at this point so they made a shorter one with a lot more intensity... Lots of explosions, shooting, more explosions, helicopters, special forces units, Hollywoodware (Big spoiler, for your protection in ROT13: Lrf, vg unf na "hcybnqvat ivehf" fperra. =) ...

It's a minimalistic action movie that is, at points, even better than anything from outside world.

I can barely wait until the director's next movie, a full length action movie about Urho Kaleva Kekkonen...

DVD: The DVD has the movie and short documentaries about making of the movie and making of one explosion sequence. It also has the makers' previous short film (8 minutes), Maxmillian Tarzan (which also rocks, but understandably has even less of plot...). The UKK 2000 movie trailer is also included.