Not a lot of people know this... but in the American revolution, gunpowder was in short supply. The British needed a new strategy to put down the revolt. They took to breeding explosive pigs. This was done simply by creating a cannon ball/pig hybrid and then cross breeding until the offspring looked like a cannonball with a snout and 4 legs. The British would then train the pigs to attack anyone wearing plain clothing. (This, in fact, is the reason why British soldiers throughout the revolutionary war wore only bright red clothing. The pigs were trained to avoid anyone wearing bright red. British intellegence had figured that the war would be fought primarily with explosive pigs, and they did not account for the fact that the soldiers were good targets for American snipers.) But, as is often the case, the story of Paul Revere has been twisted by the liberals into a story of victory over the British, when in fact, it was a story of bitter defeat. that fateful night, Paul was waiting for the signal from the lighthouse (1 lantern lit meant no pigs, 2 lanterns lit meant pigs) and he spotted 2 lanterns. Immediately, he stoked his horse, and tore through the cold Massachusetts night screaming "The piglets are coming! The piglets are coming!" Unfortunately for Paul, the pigs were already swimming across the bay towards the town. As he was riding, he turned back to see half a dozen towns engulfed in flames from the fatal explosive pigs. It was a night of bitter defeat for the American forces.