Tektronix sells pretty much any type of advanced bench test equipment you can think of, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers to test Bluetooth, 802.11b, and MPEG, wireless communication test equipment, optical communication analyzers, signal sources, and video test equipment.

Up until December, 1998, Tektronix also sold x-terminals, or xtellys, standalone machines that ran a x-windows server (which sorta makes it a client, in the backwards way that X works), allowing companies to buy lots of cheap workstations and administer them from a central location. In December, 1998, Tektronix sold its Network Displays business unit to NCD (Network Computing Devices, Inc.).

Tektronix is usually recognized as being very high quality. Tektronix instruments are of a level with Fluke insturments, although Tektronix makes more specialized equipment.

Tektronix was founded in 1946, and has its headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon. It went public September 11, 1963, and is traded under TEK on the NYSE. As of the date of this writeup, TEK was selling for $17.75. Tektronix does almost half of its business internationally, and employs almost 5,000 workers.

Tektronix Board of Directors

Richard H. Wills
Chairman of the Board, President and CEO, Tektronics, Inc.
Pauline Lo Alker
Chairman of the Board, President and CEO, Amplify.net
A. Gary Ames
Retired, former President and CEO, MediaOne International
Gerry B. Cameron
Retired, former Chairman of the Board, US Bancorp
David N. Campbell
Managing Director, Innovation Advisors, former Chairman of the Board and CEO, Xpedior
Frank C. Gill
Retired, former Executive Vice President, Intel Corporation
Merril A. McPeak
President, McPeak and Associates, Former Chief of Staff, United States Air Force, Chairman of the Board, ECC International Corp.
Jerome J. Meyer
Retired, former Chairman of the Board, President and CEO, Tektronix, Inc.