GOD'S REPLY

  I ASKED...

"What is the truth, God?" And then, I stood in a wretched, utter silence. I stood blank, oddly staring out at the ocean of possibilities and answers that I could recieve. My mind raced with ideas, concepts, reasons that He, the one I admire so dearly was not responding to my simple question.

  Dumbfounded, I stood. I had not asked of this wonderful Man anything in my life, not a question, nothing and yet, I stood there in my worse possible moment and reached out with every bit of faith in my soul and I said "What is the truth, God?" What did I recieve?

Silence.

  I sat down. I sat down in all the glory of my own humanity and I wondered. For the first time in my single and direct, pious life, I wondered. I wonder, perhaps, if God doesn't know. What would that mean? God doesn't know the truth? I mean, if he did, he would answer for a simple question it was, right? Truth, God, Truth. I stood and faced the brillant azure sea, ready to set my soul free.

WHAT IS THE TRUTH, GOD?! WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER ME?! WHY DO YOU HIDE?? WHAT IS SO AMAZING IN THE TRUTH THAT I CANNOT HANDLE?!

And then I recieved a reply...

You Are The Truth.

...this time I did not stand dumbfounded for even though the answer was so simple, where it came from answered the question perfectly for me...

Rather than without, it came from within...