The expansion pack for Diablo II, Lord of Destruction adds one new Act that takes your character north through the Barbarian Highlands that were mentioned in the original game and also introduces two new playable characters, the Assassin and the Druid.

The blurb on the Blizzard website states: In the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, you will return to follow the path of Baal, the last of the Prime Evils, into the Barbarian Highlands of the north. Traveling with hordes of demonic minions, Baal intends to corrupt the powerful Worldstone, which protects the whole of the mortal plane from the forces of Hell.

You will face a new series of quests and challenges to prevent the vile minions of the underworld from destroying the world of Sanctuary.


The two additional characters bring the total playable characters to seven and allowing players even more freedom in who they want to be in this game world. The Assassin is a character who is fast, trained in martial arts and capable of laying devestating traps for the minions of Baal while the Druid can change his shape into that of a wolf or bear, increasing his combat abilities many times over.

Supposedly a new elite set of items will be available, along with new jewels and runes to enhance socketed items even more than the original gems did, adding powers and abilities previously unseen.

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction is created and published by Blizzard Entertainment and is currently in it's Beta Test phase, due for release sometime in 2001.