She broke my heart, I became unglued
It all started when she Called. Me. Dude!


Fans of Ludichrist will recognize the primary members of Scatterbrain because they were members of that band before it broke up. They got tired of the same old same old speed metal and went off to create their own band. Their songs blended somewhat dark humor with upbeat (almost bouncy) heavy metal and funk.

The band came into its biggest "popularity" with the album Here comes trouble, especially the single Don't call me dude which started and ended sounding like a melodramatic 1950's broken-heart ballad, but had some 80's metal guitar riffs all in between. There was also a cover of the well known Earache my eye! of Cheech and Chong fame. ("Hey! You ruined my record man, I just bought it!")

They also have a penchant for covering well-known classical music and giving it their own unique spin. They did a version of Mozart's Sonata #3 and Rondo alla turca.

Unfortunately, they followed up Here comes trouble with Scamboogery, which had only two decent tracks (Rondo alla turca and Swiss-army girl). Mundis Intellectualis was their final attempt in 1990.

The band consisted of:

There are only three albums in their discography. And they are:

They will not go down in history as one of the all time best bands, but my summer of 1991 was enhanced a little by them. And I have some very pleasant memories creep up on me during those rare occasions when I hear them.