Ohio Day One

Wake up, still unsure of this whole idea of going to Ohio. As of yet I still might wimp out, after all The Reverend Horton Heat is playing the next day. While at work I bitch in the catbox about work being dumped on me. Which it had and was making me late, but I found my resolve. I was going, do or die. Why drive 7 hours to hang out with people I barely know? By myself?

Am I a loser? Probably, but e2 has meant something to me over the years, thought I'd finally make my appearance somewhere. After missing the Atlanta get-together, and wimping out on a chance to meet Templeton. I was determined to do something and meet someone from e2 in person, in the real world.

Eventually I get in my car, much later than I originally planned, and get on my way. I'm promptly greeted with heavy traffic not far from my place. I light my first cigarette of the weekend and hope this isn't an omen. Luckily it isn't too bad and I get to out of town. The rest of the drive is pretty uneventful.

Midnight, chillin' on am/pm, I get to Columbus. Nervous, anxious. Thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?" After getting a little lost I make it to zot-fot-piq's place. I don't even make it in the door and a large group is going off to the Outland. I tag along and chat with several noders on the way to the club including sane guy, Gamaliel, zot-fot-piq, ccunning. I've never been to a club with live S&M, but I thought the place was alright. Got a drink. Did some dancing. Watched some beatings and electrocutions. Kinda just hung around the outskirts of "the group." What do I say to complete strangers? Some people's handles I recognized, but for the most part I've never really talked to many of these people even on e2. I'm nervous as fuck, so I smoke nearly constantly. Meet a few more people while in the club. Meet and/or chat with brainwave, Becca, Jurph, WonkoDSane, Void_Ptr, tandex, and the others I'd meet earlier. (Did I forget anybody?)

Eventually we head back to zot's and I finally see the inside of the place. I meet Girlface, Indra363, aphexious, BAR, and find neil asleep on the couch. Girlface, Indra363, sane guy, Gamaliel, aphexious, BAR, zot, and I sit up, talking about random things for a while. Gamaliel, BAR, and aphexious all fall asleep on the floor and zot goes to bed while we chat. During this is probably when I felt most comfortable for the entire weekend. I claim some floor space and cash out around 6:00am.

Ohio Day One | Ohio Day Two | Ohio Day Three