I had never taken a cold shower until today. Now I have reached a conclusion about them - THEY ROCK!!

I had just returned from the baseball practice from hell, and boy was I hot, sweaty, and tired. The day had started off with endless infielding work, then throw after throw down to second base to work on catching until I felt my arm had fallen off. All this is 95 degree heat. Then coach ran my ass doing the worst of all - outfielding drills. And I was the only one doing them, which meant non-stop runinng. I was so incredibly tired - and it was only 11:00 in the morning.

So I came home, knowing I had to be at work in an hour. I was so fatigued that I didn't know if I could tolerate a hot shower without melting away, so I decided to see what all the fuss was about cold showers. I got the water to a temperature that wasn't freezing - but well below body temperature, just enough so that my skin tingled a little when I put my hand under it, turned on the shower, stepped in, and.....

HEAVEN!

I couldn't believe it. The cool water seemed to wash away the fire from my muscles, the acid sweat all over my body, and the fatigue from my very being. I couldn't remember ever feeling so good. I rolled around in the shower, trying to get all of the water hitting me at once - it felt that good. So I took an especially long time in the shower, savoring the cool, godlike water washing over me. From now on, whenever I need to shower after strenuous athletic work - I will always take a cold shower afterwards. And I highly recommend it to anyone interested.

Because, well, as I put it before - THEY ROCK!


This public service announcement has been brought to you by Moby Dick