I've gotten rid of the spunk, y'all.


This has got to be my favourite photo of the weekend. I was too busy climbing all over Wntrmute to think about how it looked from the side, but this tells me everything I need to know...


 Vital statistics:

  • What: A noderpartymeet!
  • Why: It's Wntrmute's birthday, silly
  • When: Saturday, 3rd of November 2007
  • Where: Swindon, Wiltshire, England
  • How: That's a stupid question that doesn't even begin with W, so I shall ignore it

Rambling back-story and marketing pitch:

Well, there's not that much to ramble about to be honest. I've been badgering Wntrmute to come and see me for a while now, and the only weekend for a while that suits us both turned out to coincide with his birthday. So he was all like "bake me a cake", and I was all "suah, shall we have a par-tay?", and he was like "yeah, why not?", so, um, yeah.

Obviously we can't have a party without guests, so it was decided that a proper node should be put together in the proper way to let y'all know that you're way invited to come along and help us eat the cake! And drink the booze! And scare the neighbours!

The Plan:

I'm guessing one or two people will be showing up on Friday the 2nd, which is great; that evening will probably run along the lines of quiet chat, moderate drinking and a simple home cooked meal. Saturday will see more people arriving, tidying up, shopping for necessaries, cake baking, running around like headless chickens, and possibly me throwing everyone out of the place in the afternoon while I have a nervous breakdown and they go and enjoy themselves in the pub, the bastards.

Where was I? Oh yeah. So anyway, Saturday night is gonna be all like Party Night, and if you need that explained to you then you've lead a very sheltered life! I'll lay on some snack food, there will be cake, and booze, and music, and just possibly party games if DEB organizes them, and maybe even some debauchery. I don't know, I'm working on that last one.

Then there will be sleep in a very come-as-you-are sort of way, as space will be limited. I strongly recommend arriving with at least a sleeping bag to your names. Once everyone gets bored with sleeping, there will be breakfast cooked or purchased, and then we can just mooch about and read the Sunday papers until it's time for people to catch trains home or whatnot.

Another option is to book a table for brunch in this quite upmarket trendy place across the way and treat our hangovers to some table service and pampering. We'll see.

The Popularity Quotient:

OK, so obviously none of y'all is going to want to commit yourselves before you know which Britnoderdom VIPs have been booked by their agents to make an appearance, so here's who's planning to be there:

/msg me to let me know if you fancy it, and we can dicuss travel, crash space, dietary restrictions and all that jazz. Swindon is actually stupidly easy to get to by road, rail or coach from almost anywhere in England and Wales, so that shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Update: We are now out of floor space, there's dibs on the bath and someone might have to sleep on top of the kitchen counter. I so totally want to see more of you guys - but unless you can really tug on my heartsrings and get me to let you sleep in the wardrobe, I think you might be better advised booking into a B&B - I'll be happy to help find something affordable and nice.

W00t!